Monday, November 29, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Ramblings (or maybe 'waddlings')


We had a great time with family and friends these past 5 days. Its never truly relaxing to drive all over the state of GA and living out of a suitcase, but we really were able to get a little rest. Holidays are a time for us to catch up with old friends, see family, and now, to meet with our partners. But, all in all, this was surprisingly laid-back and it was a very special time for us. In what was possibly our last Thanksgiving in the US for a few years, Kiki's family, my dad and step-mom, and other extended family met at my mom and step-dad's place for an afternoon of gluttony and fellowship. I know that the previous sentence may strike some of you as being very strange...yes, my parents and step-parents are godly people who are not only civil, but genuinely loving and friendly to each other. God has really done great things...that is what I was most thankful for this year.


Also, we worshiped at The Vine Community Church and got to see and spend time with many of the people that we love from our 3 years in North Atlanta. To my surprise, Caleb Click (the middle school pastor who served while I was the high school pastor and a close friend) preached both services...what a gifted guy. I definitely recommend going to the Vine's website (linked above) and finding his sermon. If God ever calls us back to the US, I hope He calls us to work with (or at least near) Caleb.

So...excuse the ramblings. It was just an overwhelmingly good holiday. I think that the possibility that this could be one of our last for a while made it that much more precious to us.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God he has given you such a great holiday. I prayed the Lord would bless it as it is possibly one of the last for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete