Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thai scenes


OK...seminary is finished, and I have one more written ordination exam left: English Bible. Pray for me as I finish that up.

But even with that exam looming tomorrow, I am pretty distracted by the fact that Kiki and I are about to move 12,000 miles from home. So, I've decided that I should start putting scenes from Thailand on the blog just to give all of you who read a regular taste of the sights that will be our daily life. We'd love for you to become so familiar with our work and life in Thailand that when you visit, you'll recognize places and people that are dear to us. I wish that I could also give you a 'smell of Thailand', but Blogger hasn't added the ability to post smells yet.

This is a shot from the local market one morning (I would always walk, pray, and grab breakfast in the mornings). I think that monks from the local temples get up early to walk around and receive their food and offerings from the people, and to chant a blessing in exchange for a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment