Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Milestone.

So last night I had my oral examinations from the Credentials Committee of the Mississippi Valley Presbytery. If you're not a Presbyterian, that last sentence probably makes very little sense to you...maybe you know some of the words but can't decipher any real meaning from the sentence as a whole. Well, in my denomination (the Presbyterian Church in America), the steps for ordination are internship, 6 written exams, and then an oral examination on English Bible (as opposed to Greek and Hebrew), Theology, Sacraments, Church Government, Views (aka, what I believe about certain issues that face the Church), and Church History. So last night I had my oral examination and was approved by the committee for ordination. This is a huge step in our getting to Thailand in September, and it is really nice to have it behind me.

Now, its time to focus on getting to 100% of our support and on moving to Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment