Friday, November 11, 2011

The theme of our Detour

No, its not fishing, it has been waiting on the Lord...and not just in prayer, but I mean really waiting on Him to bring us to Bangkok.  About 6-7 weeks ago, we sent out an email saying that we were leaving on the 5th for 3 years in Thailand, and we're still here.  In the midst of all the waiting and frustration and doctor's appointments, I've been meditating on James 4:13-16,
Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit"--yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring.  What is your life?  For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.  Instead you ought to sa, "If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that."  As it is, you boast in your arrogance.  All such boasting is evil.
Now, as we look back on these weeks of planning to go, buying and canceling tickets, then buying and canceling tickets again, and now buying tickets again...I realize more than ever that God is absolutely sovereign and that we will go in His timing, not ours.  For this reason alone (not to mention being able to see family and go fishing), this time has been extremely valuable in breaking down some of my idolatry.  I pray that He'll keep on doing this...I'd just rather He do it in Thailand!  Pray with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment