Thursday, January 26, 2012

extroverted culture


So, after not so many months in Thailand, I have concluded (I don't think prematurely) that Thai culture is extroverted. I don't mean that Thai people as individuals are more extroverted than any other place, though that would be an interesting study. I mean that the culture is extroverted. For example, what do I, as a moderate introvert, want to do after a long day of cleaning at a flood site? I want to go home and take a shower and rest in the AC. What do the group of Thai's who have worked just as hard as me all day want to do? They want to have a party. What should you do for a Christmas outreach? Have a party. What should you do after a long day of moving furniture to three separate homes? Have a party. What should you do for Children's Day (besides the children's activities)? Have a party till 2:00 AM in our back yard complete with cowboys, fireworks, comedians, lots of food, and karaoke. Needless to say, Trey loves this culture! And I do too, as long as I can get some rest in between parties.....
Here is a picture from some of the Christmas festivities.

1 comment:

  1. That kind of sounds like Mexico... a party takes place for just about everything!

    ReplyDelete