Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A small detour.

Dear Rope-holders,
As of 8am this morning, we were heading to Bangkok tomorrow, but we've had a slight change of plans. Yesterday we went to our doctor for a check-up and physical and to finish up our vaccinations for Bangkok. This morning, my doctor called me (Trey) early to tell me to cancel our flight and to postpone our departure for one month. In my blood work, he found something that conc...erned him and he very strongly advised us to change our flight to early November. Though the doctor doesn't believe that it is life-threatening or that it will immediately affect me, he wants to run a few more tests on my kidneys and will need a few weeks to do so.

So here is what we need...your prayers. We are very disappointed that we aren't boarding a plane to be with our team tomorrow. Pray that God will use this time to give us sweet time with Him, to minister to those around us, and to be ministered to while we wait. Pray that my kidneys will be healthy and that the doctors will be quick and thorough in their diagnosis and treatment. Pray for our team as they continue to labor without us. And lastly, pray that we will know Him better because of this month of waiting and praying.

Clinging to Him (Deut. 13:4)

Trey and Kiki

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to learn about this guys. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete