Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Recommendation


The Mortification of Sin by John Owen. I am on a John Owen 'kick' right now...reread this book and a few other Owen classics in the past two weeks and I'm amazed at how practical yet profoundly theological Owen is on this particular subject. I've always loved this book, but I had forgotten how valuable a resource it is for sinners like me.

Also, after having just read Tim Keller's Counterfeit Gods, I think that he must have spent a lot of time reading through Owen at some point in his life, because Owen does a masterful job of describing and dealing with the subject of idolatry. Both are worth picking up TODAY...but if you have to pick one, I'm going with Owen. You can get this one cheap at Amazon.com, which is where I got the pic.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have kids...that's where the time is. you should send them off to boarding school.

    ReplyDelete