Friday, September 17, 2010

Leadership Bio: Namfon (Water Rain)

Namfon (pronounced nom fone) is the beutiful name of a beautiful sister who is on the leadership staff of New City Fellowship Church in Thailand. She and I got to be pretty close friends two summers ago and I aprpeciate the encouragement her story is to me. Here are some of her words about what she is doing for the Kingdom now:


"So I would like to share about me and want to people pray for us and my ministry to work with God and how to follow serve God's .

God using me about Campus ministry now so I like and excited when God will show me to talk a gospel with the student around on campus . One thing I can't use the hard words with you my english still poor. But I will try to explain. Now I would like to you praying for the guys their came and spend time with me a lot and their have a good heart to help people. I taught them to know life of Christian Why we love and serve of people. I let them help work to be Volunteer and their love to work and help with me such to go Mahattai and work with Word Made Flesh.
sorry I like to talk more but now I have to go campus. and I will be back to talk again not done. I love you guy bye
namfon"


Her ministry role with the church is with the college ministry, which she was very involved in helping to start two summers ago when we were there. Namfon was not on staff at the time and her English was still at a beginner level though she was improving very quickly! She came to find our team of Americans almost every day to serve on campus with us, and I even remember her being on campus playing batmittin before we arrived from our afternoon break. And what shocked me was that she was so devoted to loving college students and sharing the gospel with them when she wasn't even on staff! She didn't get paid anything to be our translator for hours; it was all volunteer.


The first time we got a chance to talk in a small group (just namfon and a couple girls from our American team), she shared her testimony with us! It was all in broken English but her love for the Lord and giftedness in evangelism shone through.


Please pray for this lovely sister who sacrifices her time and energy for the sake of saving some... and let her live be both an encouragement and a challege to you as it has been to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment