Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Leadership Bio: Kieow













This is a little Q&A that Kieow and I did over facebook...enjoy and lift her up in prayer!

This is my story:
Where in Thailand are you from? How did you become a Christian?
I'm from the Northeast of Thailand (Ubon Ratchatani province). I became a Christian when I was in college in 2002 through MTW-Thailand team.
At that time, I felt heavily burdened with expectation and acceptance in my heart. I needed to know God and my Savior. I want to know this God who can take away all burdens, so that I will be able to rest in him.

How is God using you in your ministry now?
I have been working on the MTW-Thailand team for 3 years.
Handicraft ministry (Napada) :
I work with the ladies at the handicraft shop. God uses me through my words and deeds. We read the Bible together in the morning before work and every other Wednesday we eat and study the Bible together (full time and part time workers).
This is a good time to share about God's grace and about our lives with each other.
Mercy Ministry:
I usually go visit the families at the Mahathai 3 lower-income community every week to talk and listen to them. I have worked in this community 3 years already.
We have 2 adults who have become Christians and several kids. God uses me to be their friend even though most of them do not believe in Christ yet. Relationships are very important.

What do you want to see God do through you?
Honestly, I want my family and all of my friends to believe in Christ. I want to see God bring more people to himself through the ministry that I work with so they may know him and believe in him as their Savior. I have known some families and women for 3 years already and I share God’s words and love with them, but they do not believe yet.

How can people pray for you?
Please pray that through all circumstances, I may find joy in the Lord, be able to give thanks to Him, and always hope in his promises.
Pray for relationships with families in Mahathai and that God may give me more wisdom and understanding to know how to share his gospel for each person.

Thank you,

Your sister,

Kieow
If any who read this are coming to the Global Missions Conference in Chattanooga, TN (Nov. 5-7), you'll get to meet this dear sister in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment