Saturday, January 15, 2011

Debunking Common Myths and Leaving


We are here in Jackson, but not for much longer. People ask us all the time when they see us, "How is Thailand?" or "How long are you here?" or "When did you get back?". For some reason, lots of folks think that we already live in Thailand. It's not true, don't believe it...but feel free to help make it a reality (support us!).

However, we will be leaving soon. I will graduate on May 21 and go before the Credentials Committee for my oral exams on June 14. We will have to move out of our apartment by the end of June and the next permanent home that we'll have will be in Bangkok. The reality is starting to sink in that we are quickly coming to the end of a very unique and dear chapter in our lives. Whenever I read a great book, I always try to savor the last chapter for awhile....and I'm almost always sad to read the last chapter. I know that this isn't the end of the book, so to speak, but it feels a little like that. We'll always be able to come back and visit (just like great books) but leaving is going to be tough. Kiki and I have talked often in the past few weeks of how much we have loved Redeemer, Belhaven, RTS and all of our friends. We've found teammates and sending partners and we've made lifelong friends and we've grown as a couple (even through grad school...God is gracious!). So, hopefully we'll savor this last semester in Jackson and really enjoy the remainder of the time that we live here...even as we look forward to making a home in Bangkok.

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to hear part of our team met for breakfast. I do look forward to having breakfast with you guys sometime in the future too! We just were talking about you today...and praying for your support to get in soon. We've got two more female interns coming tonight/tomorrow for 5 months. Then it'll be y'all!!!! Until then, I will be praying for this chapter of your lives.

    ReplyDelete