Thursday, January 6, 2011

We're back!

As great as the holidays are and as much fun as it is to see old friends and catch up with them, it is also great to be home. I am becoming more and more of a homebody... I love my own bed; I love my own food; I love my own books and movies; I love having a closet! I love being at rest. That is one of the things I am going to work hard at when we finally get to Thailand--making our house feel like home. It will be different: no kitchen (besides what we build in) no carpet, hard to hang things on the walls, no CLOSETS! But I am confident that I will be able to make it into a home with a little time and energy. Here are some pictures of one of the current missionary's (Mary's) home which will be very similar to ours, if not identical.

3 comments:

  1. Great, great goal! I'd love your help on ours too! Glad you had a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks really cool! rugs and curtains will add a lot :) glad you're back...now to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiki! I am so glad we ran into each other in Chatanooga. It was great to see you and catch up a little bit =) Looks like you guys will have a cute little house in Thailand!

    ReplyDelete