Sunday, July 11, 2010

So I turned 29 yesterday and had home-made guacamole for a birthday cake. I wish I had a picture of it, but I forgot my camera for the whole week of being in Alt. Forgetting one's camera is a cardinal sin and I have repented... So, anyway, this is the age that everyone says they are when they lie about their age.... I think I'll like this year, but I don't know if I will like it enough to not want to try the next years too.
This is my last real week of academics (until language school in Thailand). I have two big projects to finish and present and then I don't have any more academic deadlines. I will have 3,000 pages to read and another 10 page paper, but I can do it on my own time. I like reading and 10 pages seems like nothing at this point in the game! So!!!! I willl soon be grade-free! Who wants to have a number represent how much they learned? That is why I love being in clinic--it is experiential learning. BTW, I love what I am doing. Praise be to God who designed me for this kind of work.

1 comment:

  1. This made me miss every single part of you, Kiki ... from Rice Krispies treat days, to study parties (which were relatively unsuccessful), to REAL parties.... UGH. Can we pick a day once a week where we just hang out for an hour? One-on-one style, but not official? :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete